For your sauce, make a little mixture of thyme, olive oil, and honey.
Top the pizza with caramelized onions and cheese.
Layer on the caramelized pear slices, and crumble over the gorgonzola. Lastly, sprinkle on the chopped hazelnuts. Bake!
Yield: 1 standard 14 inch pizza
- 1/2 batch pizza dough, prebaked for 10 minutes
- 6 oz gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 2 d'anjou green pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 a large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp honey
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- The pizza dough should have just been baked for 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Keep the oven on 425.
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp of butter. Add the pears to the pan and caramelize for a couple minutes, until they soften up a little. Be careful not to cook them to mush. Remove from the pan.
- Add the other 1/2 tbsp of butter to the pan, and add the sliced onion. Season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Whisk to combine the fresh thyme, honey, olive oil, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Brush this mixture onto the parbaked pizza. Distribute the caramelized onions evenly on top of the pizza, then sprinkle over the gruyere.
- Layer on the caramelized pear slices, and crumble over the gorgonzola. Lastly, sprinkle on the chopped hazelnuts. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Wholesome RD.