AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

18 gennaio 2013

Easy Toffee Popcorn with Buttered Almonds



Popcorn 300x201 Easy Toffee Popcorn with Buttered Almonds

I love a delicious bowl of popcorn for a snack. In fact, I love it so much that a few years ago I purchased a cute little air popper so I could make popcorn for myself whenever I wanted without having to use oil on the stovetop. The other day my daughter asked for the caramel corn she had tried recently at a friend’s house. Though I usually prefer my popcorn plain, I decided to indulge her whim and whip up some toffee glaze and buttered almonds to add to our freshly popped corn. It was so much simpler than I had expected and was so tasty. It was definitely something I won’t be doing every day but is great for a treat. I might even serve it for dessert sometime!

Toffee Popcorn with Buttered Almonds

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
For the Almonds:
1 cup almonds
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 large pinch kosher salt

1. Pop the popcorn on the stovetop or in an airpopper and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then add the brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir everything well until the toffee sauce is completely melted together. Stir the popcorn and the toffee sauce together, and allow it to cool slightly. Then make the buttered almonds.
3. To make the buttered almonds, add the  butter to a skillet and melt it over medium heat, and then add the butter and toss them with the salt and butter until the almonds are lightly toasted and coated in the butter.

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/04/06/easy-toffee-popcorn-with-buttered-almonds/ 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento