AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

12 febbraio 2013

Amazing Raspberry Cheesecake Macarons Recipe


These macarons are my favourite macarons of all time!
I'm not joking, words simply cannot express how unbelievably delicious these Raspberry Cheesecake Macarons are.
These gorgeous little beauties are sprinkled with digestive biscuit crumb and filled with my favourite cream cheese frosting and a little dollop of raspberry jam. They are the stuff dreams are made of!
This is the fourth batch of macarons I have made on my new Double Sided Macaron Mat, I am still getting used to it but I haven't had any disasters yet, you do need to get used to it but I have made some brilliant batches using it, as you will see in my macaron mat round up.


With this batch of macarons I noticed the 'feet' or 'pied' of the macarons was much smaller than normal.  The teddy bear macaron (below) was made using the same batter and was baked same time as the round macarons only on a lined baking tray.  You can really see the difference in the foot of the round macarons and the bear.
I have two more batches I want to make on my new mat before I post the final review so I'm hoping I can sort this little issue before then. I think I may need to bake the macarons at a slightly higher temperature than normal when using my mat, as I have a feeling the smaller foot may be due to reduced heat from underneath the macaron shells whilst baking.

You can find the macaron mat I have been using at Siliconemoulds.com
For these glorious macarons I have adapted Pierre Herme's standard macaron recipe, although I have entirely followed my own method instead of his which involves all sorts of oven opening, mid baking palaver, that I just don't feel is necessary.

I sprinkled the shells with digestive biscuit crumbs before baking which looks and tastes great. For the filling I used my own cream cheese frosting recipe and my favourite raspberry jam.
Raspberry Cheesecake Macarons
300g ground almonds
300g icing sugar
110g egg whites
300g caster sugar
75g of mineral water
110g egg whites
2 digestive biscuits, crushed to a fine crumb
Line 3 baking trays with parchment paper.

Sift together the icing sugar and the ground almonds into a large mixing bowl.  Add
the first batch of egg whites to the bowl but do not mix.

Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan and boil until the syrup reaches 118C. Once the syrup reaches 110C, simultaneously, begin to whisk the second batch of white eggs on the high speed of an electric mixer.
Pour the 118C sugar syrup onto the whipped egg whites, slowly down the side of the mixer bowl  in a thin stream, avoiding the whisk. Continue to whisk until the meringue cools to 50C.  Fold the meringue into the almond mixture with a rubber spatula. Whilst folding, turn the bowl a quarter turn on each fold.
 When the macaron batter just begins to shine, it is ready, the batter should form a ribbon that falls from the spatula and holds its shape for around 20 seconds before sinking back into the mixture.
Pour the macaron batter into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the mixture into uniform rounds onto the prepared baking trays.  Tap the baking sheets on a work surface to let any air bubbles rise out.
Sprinkle the macarons with fine digestive biscuit crumbs.
Let the macaron shells sit for at least 30 min to for a skin, no batter will stick to your finger if you touch one.
Preheat oven to 160C.
Bake the macarons for around 14 minutes depending on their size. The macaron shells will no longer wobble when touched.
For the Cream Cheese & Raspberry Jam Filling:
200g cream cheese
60g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla paste
250g icing sugar, sieved

seedless raspberry jam

To make the cream cheese frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until combined.  Gradually add the icing sugar until you reach the desired consistency.

To Assemble:

Pair up your macaron shells and pipe around a tsp of cream cheese onto the flat side of one macaron in each pair. Add a little dollop of raspberry jam to the centre of the frosting and top with the remaining macaron shell.

 x x x

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento