- YOGURT CHEESE (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese), softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 container (8 oz.) liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Prepare YOGURT CHEESE.
- 2. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom of 8- or 9-inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly in bottom of pan.
- 3. Beat YOGURT CHEESE, Neufchatel cheese and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat just until well blended. Gradually add egg substitute, beating on low speed until blended.
- 4. Transfer 1-1/2 cups batter to medium bowl; add cocoa. Beat until well blended. Stir almond extract into vanilla batter. Alternately spoon vanilla and chocolate batters into prepared pan. With knife or metal spatula, cut through batters for marbled effect.
- 5. Bake 35 minutes for 8-inch pan; 40 minutes for 9-inch pan or until edge is set. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving. Just before serving, remove side of pan. Garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 10 to 16 servings.
- YOGURT CHEESE: Use one 16-oz. container plain lowfat yogurt, no gelatin added. Line non-rusting colander or sieve with large piece of double thickness cheesecloth or large coffee filter; place colander over deep bowl. Spoon yogurt into prepared colander; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until liquid no longer drains from yogurt, about 24 hours. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in separate bowl; discard liquid.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (based on 10 servings)
- Serving Size: 1/10th of recipe; Calories: 180, Calories from Fat: 60, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 170mg, Total Carbohydrate: 22g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 19g, Protein: 8g, Vitamin A: 8%DV*, Vitamin C: 0%DV*, Calcium: 10%DV*, Iron: 4%DV*
- *%DV = % Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet.