AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

12 febbraio 2013

Flapjack



---Intro---
I'm really getting into this whole baking malarky, and with my parents up for the weekend they stocked my cupboards full of food (being poor and without car this was much appreciated) including the means to bake lots of exciting things.

Having wowed them with my banana bread, today I decided to try something else with bananas, and with my newly bought porridge oats, so decided on flapjacks. What follows is my recipe which was adapted from one found online.

---The ingredients (to make 8-10 pieces)---
75g margarine - I don't think it matters what sort - being on a health kick I used Flora light than light
2 tablespoons of golden syrup (could use honey instead)
50g brown sugar (I used light muscovado)
1 large banana - mashed
Half a cup (I use a normal coffee mug as my cups) of sultanas (or whatever takes your fancy....mmmmm, glace cherries would be nice I think)
200g porridge oats

---How to make---
1. Preheat oven to 180C/360F/Gas mark 4
2. Put margarine, syrup and sugar into pan - heat gently until sugar has disolved/margarine melted
3. Pour into a mixing bowl
4. Stir banana, oats and sultanas into mixture - mix well
5. Press into a lightly greased baking tin about an inch deep - it didn't quite fill my tin, but that's fine as it's not like a cake which would expand
6. Bake for approx 25-30 minutes until golden brown
7. Leave to cool in tin until completely cold (meanwhile tasting it to see how fab it tastes, and burning mouth on sultanas)
8. Cut into 8-10 pieces, and either eat or store in an airtight container.


---The Verdict---
Despite my attempting to eat healthily I did have to eat two large pieces just to test how lovely they are, and really they are perfect. They are very filling though and mostly full of good things. And the beauty is that the recipe can be adapted to include whatever you want in it.

I'm taking the rest to give to my friends and future work colleagues tomorrow, and certain they will enjoy them.

Flapjacks so tend to keep quite a while in the airtight container...but since this recipe is only for a small quantity, you'll probably eat them very quickly!
Summary: I wish I'd disovered porridge oats sooner!

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/recipes/flapjack/1578760/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento