- 200g digestive biscuits crumbed
- 200g butter diced
- 740g full fat cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 225g caster sugar
- 3tbsp cornflour
- 2 vanilla pods - seeds only
- few drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 240ml double cream
- butter for greasing
- Blend the biscuits in a blender until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add the butter to the biscuits and mix quickly
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and add the biscuit mix. Use the back of a metal spoon to push the mixture firmly into the tin.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set
- Preheat the oven to 160C - gas mark 4
- Using a mixer on a low setting combine the cheese, sugar, cornflour, vanilla seeds and extract until smooth and thick
- Add the eggs and cream and mix in
- Spoon this creamy mixture into the cake tin on top of the biscuit base. Ensure you have an even layer
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set in the centre, then increase the oven temperature to 180C - gas mark 6 for ten minutes to brown the top.
- Remove from the oven and leave until cold, then chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
TipsBeautiful served with fresh strawberries As a low fat alternative, use low fat biscuits and low fat cheese