AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

23 dicembre 2012

Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies

Boy do I have a treat for you today… and in more ways than one ;-)
Kristen from Dine and Dish is here today to share a beautiful and delicious cookie with all of us. Kristen had been one of my blogging idols for a while now. From the way she writes, her mouth watering recipes and her photography- this girl never ceases to amaze me. Today’s recipe is nothing short of spectacular. You are definitely going to want to try out these incredible cookies.



Hi everyone! My name is Kristen and I run the food, photography and lifestyle blog Dine & Dish. I’m so happy to be visiting you all over here on Nikki’s blog!
When Nikki asked me to participate in her cookie exchange, I was happy to do so because it’s that time of year where it seems cookies are coming in and out of my oven on an almost daily basis. Now, if I could only figure out a way to make a delicious, calorie free cookie, I’d be set!
Citrus, with its cheerful flavor and scent, always evokes summertime memories. This is why I love to burn citrus candles and bake citrus flavored things in the fall and winter because it brings a bit of needed warmth and sunshine into my home on cold, blistery days.



These cookies are a simple thumbprint cookie with delicious pre-made Lemon Curd. You can naturally use homemade lemon curd, but for this recipe I chose to keep things simple and go with store bought.
I hope you enjoy these little bright and sunny Lemon Curd Thumbprint cookies!

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • Zest of 1/2 lime
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1 cup lemon curd
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and eggs until creamy and smooth. Add lime zest, lime juice and salt. Mix until just combined.
  3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on the lined cookie sheet (12 at a time). Dip your thumb in flour then press your thumb into each cookie dough ball, creating an indention.
  4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cookies are light golden in color.
  5. Remove from the oven and fill each indention with lemon curd. Place bake in the oven for 2 more minutes, allowing the lemon curd to firm up.
  6. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool. 
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/11/lemon-curd-thumbprint-cookies/
…………..

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento