Inspired by Michael Lewicki from Verses From My Kitchen
Michael’s recipe was for curd of clementines, but after reading his blog and the recipe (oh his food is ammmmazing!) for the Clementine Curd, I could not wait to have some – cravings were at an all time high. BUT, I only had 2 more clementines sitting in my fruit bowl. I went to the pantry to see what else I could do and there were my pretty little yellow lemons staring right at me. I was so happy to see them! Thanks Michael for reminding me of this delicious and refreshing treat. Our afternoon snack was oh so yummy good – lemon curd in a crepe! MMMM!
You will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
- Place a heat-resistant pot or bowl over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Put the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice in the bowl – whisk together until blended.
- Continue to cook it, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens – this might take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture through a strainer so to remove any lumps.
- Cut the butter in pieces and whisk it into the mixture.
- Add the lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Let it cool.
- Cover it so that a skin doesn’t form, and refrigerate.