It's easy to make these cool, two-layer pops. Simply process one melon with juice, pour into a mold or cup. Let it freeze until slightly firm, then top with the other layer of melon and juice. Each pop has less than 40 calories per serving and provides vitamin C and B vitamins from the cantaloupe and honeydew.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cantaloupe chunks
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups honeydew chunks
- 1 tablespoon thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 mint leaves
- Puree 1 1/2 cups cantaloupe chunks and 1 tablespoon orange juice in a blender. Divide the mixture between pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups. Freeze until the top becomes firm, 30 minutes. Rinse the blender, then puree 1 1/2 cups honeydew chunks, 1 tablespoon thawed limeade concentrate, and 2 mint leaves. Remove the molds from freezer and top with the honeydew mixture. Cover and freeze.