AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

17 gennaio 2013

Flat Rolled Rosettes – No Sew Baby!

This will be my first of three tutorials on fabric flowers.  I went googleing a few weeks ago for some tutorials and after reading a few, I came up with a few of my own methods that I felt saved me lots of time.  The first one I want to share with you gals is a rolled rosette.  These are super easy and quick to make.  I start with a piece of felt the color of my rosette fabric.  I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $.25 a piece.
For these flowers you will want to use double sided fabric… Not sure if there is a more technical term but that is how I see it.  You want a fabric that is not just printed on one side.  For my fabric I used this silky solid I found at Joann’s for $2.50 a yard.
I started by cutting a small cut about 1.5″ from the edge of my fabric.
Then I just grabbed both sides of the cut and ripped it all the way to the other end of the fabrc.  That left me with a 1.5″ strip.
You will need a button for your center piece.  I love the look of vintage buttons so I chose these from Joann’s that gave me a vintage look.
I folded my fabric in half.
I then put a drop of hot glue on my felt.
I put my folded fabric down on the glue and then glued my button to the top of that.
Now it’s time to roll! I kept my fabric folded in half as I rolled my fabric away from the center button.
I would roll about 3-4″ and then wrap them around the center button.  As I wrapped I hot glued the rolls down to the felt.  I did not have to use much hot glue at all.
Keep rolling and gluing!
The tighter you roll your fabric the skinnier your flower will look.  I would loosen it up a bit at different places to change it up a bit.
I finished rolling until I had about 2″ left of my fabric strip.
At this point I waited for the last of my glue to dry good and then I used a pair of scissors to cut the felt around the flower.  I was careful to use very little glue on the last wrap around the flower so I could cut my felt just a bit smaller than the width of the flower.  Once that was cut I glued my remaining fabric to the back of my rosette.
That’s it!  You are done.  The back is a bit shanty so if you are worried about that just cut another small circle of felt and cover the back.  Here are a few that I made…
I used two strips of fabric back to back on this last rosette.  I cut them a bit skinnier and didn’t worry about folding them in half…. So cute!  These will all be for clips but I will be making more for around the house.  Next I will show you girls how to make the folded rosettes I used on my wreath.
They are just as easy and again… No sewing!

http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2010/05/flat-rolled-rosettes-no-sew-baby.html

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento