AMICI

Votamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

17 gennaio 2013

LOVE me some Wood Wall Art!!!

Many of you have seen Ashley’s Reclaimed Wood Wall Art she did for above her couch a while back.  I LOVE hers.  In fact, every time I go to her house it makes me want to change the art above my couch as well!

So… I came up with this!
Here is how I made it!
I started with wood from Lowe’s.  This is the great part…
I went ahead and bought 8′ pieces and cut them in half to save money. I used furring strips for mine.  You can have Lowe’s or HD cut yours in half for you if you don’t have a saw.  Or, you can also use a super cheap hand saw like THIS one.  It’s really easy to cut this type of wood with a hand saw.
2 – 1×2″ furring strips
2-1×3″ furring strips
2- 1×4″ furring strips
My cost for wood was under $15!
Once mine were cut I laid them out like this…
Then I used 1/4″x 3′ birch project sticks to attach all the wood together.  These can be found with the other birch boards and they were really cheap… Like $1.50 a piece.
I marked where I would lay my stick and then added a little Gorilla Wood Glue!
Then I nailed my sticks to the boards like this.  If you don’t have a nailer you can also use wood screws!  Just pre-drill your holes and attach the screw through all the boards.
Next, I flipped it over and gave it a coat of my very fav…
Here it is drying…
Next for the fun part!
I used my Silhouette machine and Contact paper to make my stencils.  You can also buy your own stencils at a craft store or print your own letters and use a craft knife to cut them out with contact paper.
The font I used is called Arial Black.
I cut my L, V and E.  I also used a heart shape that came with a set of 9 hearts on Silhouette Software.
You can see a detailed post on cutting Contact paper with the Silhouette HERE.
 I lined my letters up first to make sure I liked it…
Then I put the outsides of the letters on to be my stencil.  I used some acrylic cream and coral paint to add my letters.
My final step before I hung it up was to shanty it up a bit!  I used an 80 grit sanding block to lightly distress each letter.  I LOVE the results…
To hang it I had to get the hubby’s help!  I just used 2 1/2″ drywall screws straight through the sign into the studs of the wall.  I used three screws on the sign and it is super sturdy!
Want to see it up on the wall??
What do you think???
I hope you LOVE it ;-) No pun intended….

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento