83% less sat fat • 62% less fat • 25% more calcium than the original recipe—see the comparison. Say oui to this slimmer quiche - every slice will be a pièce de résistance!
1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and oil until blended. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary). Press dough in bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onions over crust. In medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, salt and pepper sauce with wire whisk until blended. Pour into crust. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove foil strip. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.