70% less fat • 77% less sat fat • 46% more vitamin A than the original recipe—see the comparison. Get the best of both entrees in an easy-to-make, easy-to-bake dish.
1 hour 10 minutes
12 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each)
- 3 3/4 cups uncooked regular or multigrain rotini pasta (12 oz)
- 3/4 lb lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (6 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic Italian herb pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 package (6 oz) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain; return to Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, crumble sausage. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Add onion and mushrooms to sausage in skillet; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pasta sauce and basil. Heat just to boiling.
- Add sausage mixture, pepperoni and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese to pasta in Dutch oven; stir until well mixed. Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.