Canned beans and chili-flavored chunky tomatoes let you put together this slow cooker chili in minutes!
6 hours 10 minutes
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chili-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Spicy Tortilla Strips
- 3 corn or flour tortillas (6 inch)
- Cooking spray
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix chili ingredients. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle red pepper on one side of tortillas. Cut into 1/2-inch strips. Place in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until strips are crisp and edges are light brown.
- To serve, stir chili well. Top individual servings with tortilla strips.