Love hummus? The same flavors with a change in beans makes an easy-make dip that takes only 10 minutes.
- 1 medium bulb garlic, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) great northern beans, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Assorted raw vegetables
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut 1/2 inch from top of garlic bulb to expose cloves. Drizzle oil over garlic bulb; wrap securely in foil. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until garlic is soft when pierced with a knife; cool slightly.
- Into food processor, squeeze soft garlic out of cloves. Add beans, reserved bean liquid, lemon juice and salt. Cover; process until uniform consistency.
- Spoon dip into serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with vegetables.