Savor a one-pot classic fish stew made with tomatoes and a variety of fish and shellfish.
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 oz) clam juice
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon Progresso® red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 lb firm-textured white fish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 can (6 1/2 oz) chopped clams with juice, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except fish, shrimp, clams, crabmeat and parsley.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in fish, shrimp, clams and crabmeat. Reduce heat setting to Low. Cover; cook 30 to 45 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove bay leaf. Stir in parsley.