65% less fat • 60% less sat fat • 47% fewer calories than the original recipe—see the comparison. Pop one of these healthified appetizers in your mouth for a tasty treat that has less fat and fewer calories.
- 24 large fresh whole mushrooms (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (from 6.5-oz container)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove stems from mushrooms; reserve caps. Chop enough stems to measure 3/4 cup. Discard remaining stems or reserve for another use. In large bowl, toss mushroom caps with vinaigrette; place stem sides down in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel. Crumble bacon; set aside. Remove and discard drippings from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and chopped mushroom stems; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- In medium bowl, stir onion mixture, bacon, cheeses and mustard until well blended. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps; place filled sides up in pan. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; stir in parsley. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over filled mushroom caps.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Serve warm.