July 30 is National Cheesecake Day! Have you had the chance to experience Cheesecake at Pala Casino? It is served at; Choices, The Buffet, The Oak Room, Pala Café, Poolside Café & Bar, Coffee Amoré, and Room Service. Our very own Chef Albert has shared his recipe for the Pala New York Cheesecake. This recipe will make Fourteen 3 –inch individual round molds. Now you can serve the Pala Cheesecake at your next party or make a special treat just for you.
Happy National Cheesecake Day!Ingredients:
- 8 ounces –Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 5 ounces – Melted Butter
- 2 ½ pounds –Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 12 ounces – Granulated Sugar
- 2 ounces – Cornstarch
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons – Vanilla Extract
- 5 eggs, at room Temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 ounces – Sour Cream
- Combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs and the melted butter. Divide the crumbs mixture between fourteen molds. Press evenly over the bottoms and sides of the molds using your hands. Reserve.
- Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on low speed, using the paddle attachment until completely smooth. Mix in the cornstarch, lemon zest, and vanilla. Add the eggs and yolks a few at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Incorporate the sour cream.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared molds.
- Bake at 350*F until set, approximately 35 minutes. Cool completely, and then chill before removing the cakes from the molds. Decorate the tops of the cakes with thinly sliced fresh fruit.
|Cheesecake Pops served at Choices the Buffet|
|Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake served at the Pala Cafe|
|Pala's New York Cheesecake served at the Oak Room|