These moist muffins are full of chopped apples and a touch of cinnamon!
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup canola or soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, beat milk, oil, vanilla and egg with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in flour, 1/2 cup sugar, the baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in apple. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. If baked in greased pan, let stand about 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to cooling rack; if baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm if desired.