Good morning to the old-fashioned goodness of oatmeal baked a new-fashioned way with tart apples.
- 2 2/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- Additional fat-free (skim) milk, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart casserole, mix oats, raisins, 4 cups milk, the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and apples.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Top with walnuts. Serve with additional milk.