Create a lively little fruit combo of fresh orange segments, kiwifruit and strawberries to go on the side.
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free egg product
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon freeze-dried chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2 cups refrigerated southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Canadian bacon or cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- In medium bowl, beat egg product, chives, milk, salt, thyme and pepper; set aside.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add bell pepper; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes begin to brown. Stir in Canadian bacon; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add egg mixture to skillet. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 6 to 9 minutes, lifting edges occasionally to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet, until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook about 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.