Cocktail, anyone? An oversized martini or margarita glass is the perfect serving dish for this updated spirited shrimp cocktail.
- 1 1/2 lb (40 to 45) cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup vodka, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green olives
- Arrange shrimp in single layer in rectangular glass or plastic dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches.
- Heat tomato juice, vodka and pepper sauce to boiling in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in celery salt and parsley; pour over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Mix cocktail sauce and olives; pour into small serving bowl. Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving platter. Serve shrimp with sauce and toothpicks.