70% less fat • 54% fewer calories • 48% less sodium than the original recipe—see the comparison. You'll love this much better-for-you appetizer updated with fat-free ingredients, extra veggies and baked whole wheat pita chips.
- 2 whole wheat pita (pocket) breads (6 inch)
- Cooking spray
- 1 container (7 or 8 oz) plain hummus
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/3 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Split each pita bread horizontally to make 2 rounds. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Arrange on ungreased large cookie sheet, rough surface up. Spray with cooking spray (about 5 seconds).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp; cool.
- Meanwhile, spread hummus on shallow serving platter or in pie plate. In small bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, lemon juice and pepper; spread evenly over hummus. Top with tomato, olives, chopped cucumber, feta cheese and onions. Drizzle with olive oil.