52% less fat • 36% fewer calories • 64% more vitamin C than the original recipe—see the comparison. This delicious salad is traditionally served sliced and diced. We extended the cut to include fat and calories.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium yellow or green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled cucumber, chopped
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 oz Genoa salami, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- In large bowl, toss all salad ingredients except cheese.
- In small bowl, beat dressing ingredients with wire whisk until blended. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to coat. Top with cheese.