Two vanilla ingredients make an extraordinary sauce!
1 hour 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soymilk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries (such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in 1-quart stainless steel or nonstick saucepan (do not use aluminum because the sauce will discolor). With wire whisk, stir in soymilk and egg yolks until well blended.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until cold.
- Divide berries among 6 individual dessert dishes. Spoon vanilla anglaise over berries. Serve immediately.